Thursday, September 1, 2011

OpEd Brain Dry Heave


So I set up this blog for an English class, but who knows, I may post other things on it. The first blog post assignment is: to brain vomit topics into cyberspace for the upcoming Opinion Editorial paper. Now I have thought a bit about this. But the only topic that I can think of that would be fun to write about, and hopefully fairly easy for me to write about is this. I want to persuade others to watch and essentially learn from the show Doctor Who. I feel that this show has a great role model, good values, and is quite thought provoking (or I suppose you could say rhetorical). 
I feel like this is my only option, other than convincing people to read Harry Potter. But let's face it, pretty much everyone's read Harry Potter; and if they haven't read it they've seen the moves, which are very different and good, but still not the books. Oh hey, maybe I could convince people who have just seen the movies or haven't even seen the movies to, in fact, read the books. I don't know, either way it comes down to Doctor Who or Harry Potter, of which I could not imagine my world without.

3 comments:

  1. I think both of these ideas are great! I'm definitely now curious about Doctor Who, which I've never heard of by the way. But seriously I totally know what you mean about people who only watch the movies of Harry Potter, and don't feel the need to read the books. Because they are so different! In my opinion, the books are much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what about the people like me who totally read and love the books but still haven't watched all the movies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer- Doctor Who is an awesome British television show. I will have to do a Doctor Who post someday to further educate you on this positively splendid program.

    David- I think you should watch the rest of the movies, so you are aware of just how much better the books really are.

    ReplyDelete